Working 15 hours per week between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm Monday to Friday.
Salary £10 - £12 per hour
Interested? Please email your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills match the requirements to Michaela.Gartside@hrdept.co.uk
CLOSING DATE MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 4TH MARCH
This opportunity is also on Indeed.co.uk
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Working closely with the Day Centre ensure all invoices are accurately created, sent, and paid. Follow up on outstanding invoices (Credit Control)
Receive all incoming invoices (bills) and ensure they are correctly reported and payments are actioned in a timely manner, preparing payments for CEO approval.
Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees in support of Charity Treasurer
Account for all donations received and any receipts from Grants or Fundraising activities. Manage the Charities Gift Aid programme.
Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, supporting grant applications, etc.
Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the CEO or Charity Treasurer/Trustees, may include recommendations e.g. Day Centre Fees amendments
Administer transactions to/from Charity Bank Accounts and reconcile accounts.
Review and report on budgets/forecast/actual income and expenditure (using Project Codes as required). Provide reports for team meetings to enable Events Team and Day Centre to manage progress.
Adhere to the Charity’s financial policies and procedures
Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders and clients as needed
Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Responsible for requesting and analysing quotes from suppliers for services, maintenance, projects and making recommendations to CEO and Trustees. SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Accounting and Administration
• Knowledge of Accounting Software (Xero) and other MS Office packages
• Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail
• Experience of working in accounting in voluntary sector
• Understanding of Data Privacy standards
2. Good team working and leadership skills
• Self-motivated, flexible and cooperative
• Clear verbal and written expression
• Excellent time management skills
3. Ability to work flexibly
• Able to work flexible hours in order to meet the requirements of the Charity, occasional evening or weekend work
• Able to adapt to changing circumstance
4. Ability to address / communicate with key stakeholders
• Understanding the needs of elderly people
• Able to articulate the work of the charity
• Good humoured, diplomatic and calm under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Confident Communicator
• Good negotiation skills
5. Desirable Skills
• Problem solving and analytical
• Planning and Organising
If you want to help the older generation within Bracknell Forest we can find something to suit you.
Or you may like to prepare or serve refreshments or host visitors at our events or fundraise for us.
Please see our volunteer page for more details.
£10 PER HOUR 3.5 HOURS PER WEEK
For further information please see job description
temp/secretary to trustees.pdf
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com